Collected by Jennifer Modica
Uyuni Salt Flat, Bolivia
Salar de Uyuni is the world's largest salt flat at 10,582 square kilometers in the southwest portion of Bolivia, near the crest of the Andes and is at an elevation of 3,656 meters. The Salar are a result of transformations between several...
La Paz, Bolivia
El Valle de la Luna features an almost extra-terrestrial landscape caused by erosion. There are two circuits through the park, one that takes about 15 minutes, and a longer one that takes about 45 minutes. Both are easy hikes, but hang on tight to...
La Paz, Bolivia
Beautiful basecamps are a real treat at this mountain range in the Bolivian Andes. Set on the stunning Chiar Khota Lake, hikers fortify themselves with fresh trout caught in the lower mountain lakes before ascending the surrounding peaks. Greener...
Los Andes, Valparaiso Region, Chile
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
We've all been to the beach. We have all felt sand. But maybe not all of us have seen sand dunes of this nature. Located about 45 minutes outside of the main city of Santa Cruz, Las Lomas de Arena are worth the trip. The dirt road leading to the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles