Collected by Chris Pearson
Yushan, Xinyi Township, Nantou County, Taiwan 556
Often said to be the tallest mountain in East Asia, at 3952 m climbing Taiwan's Jade Mountain (or Yushan 玉山) is an epic undertaking, even for experienced hikers. The trip takes most hikers two days, although some people do manage to rush to the...
No. 18, Zhongbu Cross-island highway, Xiulin Township, Hualien County, Taiwan 972
These beautiful hot springs are located several kilometres into the gorge. To get there you must drive or cycle to the parking lot and then walk down a long wooden staircase built into the cliffside. At the bottom you'll find a quaint...
92942, Taiwan, Pingtung County, Liuqiu Township, Zhongxiao Road, 2號1 巷 之 18 號
There are two main places to snorkel on Xiao Liuqiu. One is at the base of Vase Rock, near the main harbor. The other is on the opposite side of the island. The tropical fish are something to see, but the amazing thing about this spot is the...
224, Taiwan, New Taipei City, Ruifang District, 九份豎崎路31號
Jiufen Old Street is a fantastic place to spend the day. The tightly packed alleys around the area are full of tea shops and food vendors selling everything from classic pork bao buns to floral flavored ice cream wrapped in a rice-like tortilla...
Jishan Street, Ruifang District, New Taipei City, Taiwan 224
If you're coming to Taiwan, you'd better like snacks. Anywhere that's described as an "old street" is basically a feast on legs - and Jiufen is the perfect example. Up in the mountains, there are great views down to the harbour. The bus stops at...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019