Collected by Malinda Boody Nichols
1600 1st Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35233, USA
One of the cornerstones of Birmingham’s revitalization, Railroad Park used to be two run-down city blocks adjacent to major railroad lines. It is now a gorgeous greenspace that boasts a walking trail, a small lake, a skate park, two playgrounds,...
2007 11th Ave S, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Located in the beautiful 5 Points South district on the Southside of Birmingham, when you step through the door of the legendary Chef Frank Stitt's Chez Fonfon, you are instantly transported to your favorite bistro in France. The menu features...
2240 Highland Ave, Birmingham, AL 35205, USA
Rounding out renowned Chef Frank Stitt's trio of Birmingham's most beloved restaurants is Bottega Restaurant and Cafe. The stately building sits in the historic Highlands neighborhood and has long been a favorite place to meet for after-work...
1236, 20 32nd St N, Birmingham, AL 35222, USA
The water tower that looms over downtown Birmingham, emblazoned with the word “SLOSS” and visible from all over the city, is synonymous with Birmingham and the rise and fall of the iron industry. During the turn of the 20th century, Birmingham...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries