Collected by Bill Powell
Bill Powell′s Wishlist
Vicarstown (Cosby), Vicarstown, Co. Laois, Ireland
When my husband told me about spending a week on a barge traveling the Grand Canal in Ireland, I couldn't have been more excited, already imagining how beautiful and peaceful—not to mention unique—the experience would be. Not a soul around at...
1314 McKinstry St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
Housed inside the Westin near downtown Napa, this restaurant stands out among fine-dining experiences. The best time to taste Chef Ken Frank's classic French fare is during truffle season, when he hosts the annual Napa Valley Truffle Festival. La...
610 1st St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
Think of the Oxbow like a high-end shopping mall for food and wine. On the east side of the Napa River, the market brings together a number of epicurean purveyors under one roof (well, technically, it’s three different roofs). The result:...
813 Main St, Napa, CA 94559, USA
This beautiful three-story restaurant and bar in downtown Napa was a thriving establishment from 1945 until 1974, when an unsolved murder that occurred here led the family to close the doors. The murder was finally solved and after years of...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December