Collected by AFAR Traveler
Abandoibarra Etorb., 2, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Modern, mind bending, and mentally interactive, the Guggenheim Museum is one of the must-do experiences of Spain. You could easily spend an hour getting lost in the beauty of the facade, with the monstrous tarantula, the skyscraper of a flowered...
Erribera Kalea, s/n, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
In this eclectic 1929 Art Deco building flanking the city's river, browse the wares at stands packed with fish, seasonal fruits, dried mushrooms, vegetables packed in olive oil and artisanal cheese and charcuterie. This huge covered food market is...
Quintana Kalea, 6, 48007 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Starting at the Paseo del Arenal in the Old Quarter, stroll riverside towards City Hall, people-watching along the way. Check out the exterior of the late-19th-century Baroque building before heading inside to find the Arab Hall, decorated to...
Museo Plaza, 2, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Feed the ducks and stroll in the shade of centenary tree species in this English-style garden in Bilbao’s main public park. On a column in the middle of the pond, a bronze bust of the park’s donor and namesake, Doña Casilda, presides. In the...
Funikularreko Plaza, s/n, 48007 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Make your way up Mount Artxanda the fast way—via funicular railway. Built to make the mountaintop accessible to locals, this little red train has been in operation since 1915, although it closed briefly after being bombed during the Spanish Civil...
- 1 Natural Wonders There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now