Collected by Weng Revilla
Plaza berria, 8, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Find a chair at the bar and order some pintxos, the small-plate appetizers that are traditional bar food in the Basque Country. Pair your selections with a cold beer or a glass of Txakoli, a traditional Basque white wine. For formal sit-down fare,...
Museo Plaza, 2, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Feed the ducks and stroll in the shade of centenary tree species in this English-style garden in Bilbao’s main public park. On a column in the middle of the pond, a bronze bust of the park’s donor and namesake, Doña Casilda, presides. In the...
Bilbao, Biscay, Spain
Take a self-guided walking tour through the architectural styles of the Old Town, from the blue-and-white Baroque mansion, Mazarredo House (Heros Kalea, 18), to the Bank of Bilbao (Plazuela San Nicolás, 4) to admire the Beaux-Arts arched, square...
Erribera Kalea, s/n, 48005 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
In this eclectic 1929 Art Deco building flanking the city's river, browse the wares at stands packed with fish, seasonal fruits, dried mushrooms, vegetables packed in olive oil and artisanal cheese and charcuterie. This huge covered food market is...
Abandoibarra Etorb., 2, 48009 Bilbo, Bizkaia, Spain
Modern, mind bending, and mentally interactive, the Guggenheim Museum is one of the must-do experiences of Spain. You could easily spend an hour getting lost in the beauty of the facade, with the monstrous tarantula, the skyscraper of a flowered...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna