Bike and Brew
Collected by Becky Lunde
Hood River, OR, OR, USA
An hour and a half up the gorge from Portland. One of the few true farmhouse breweries in the US. They squeezed the brew system, fermentation tanks and oak barrels into an existing barn. A few Scottish Higland cattle, harnessing a wooly mammoth...
41700 Cheverny, France
We were in the Loire Valley for the wedding of friends, and the one day when there were no real festivities, we planned to bike from Blois (where we were staying) to Chateau de Cheverny. It had been some time since I'd biked a long distance, let...
77300 Fontainebleau, France
A quick 40-minute train ride from the Gare de Lyon in central Paris takes you to one of the best day trips out of the city: a forest preserve surrounding a palace that dates back nine centuries. The Forêt de Fontainebleau offers a hundred square...
Sebastopol, CA 95472, USA
Sebastopol is the meeting place of two trails. The Joe Rodota trail connects Santa Rosa and Sebastopol, is paved, and a smooth flat ride. I enjoy this trail by bike in the spring when it is bordered by yellow mustard fields. The second trail is...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Hiking + Cycling6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights