Collected by bianca
Bixby Creek Bridge, California 93940, USA
Featured in songs and films, the Bixby Canyon Bridge is a spectacular welcoming to Big Sur. My friend had been talking to me about it non-stop before our trip to the area. It wasn't until we were sat together on a cliff looking at the marvel that...
Point Sur, California 93940, USA
On a craggy rock in north Big Sur, the Point Sur lighthouse has beamed through furious fog, rain, and wind since 1889. Volunteers lead moonlit tours from late April through October that allow visitors access to the lighthouse tower, old housing...
45500 CA-1, Big Sur, CA 93920, USA
One of my favorite campgrounds in Big Sur is the big open meadow at Andrew Molera State Park. It's great for large groups and it's one of the best bases for hiking and surfing in the area. More than 20 miles of trails run throughout the park's...
39171 Tassajara Rd, Carmel Valley, CA 93924, USA
In 1967, Tassajara (already a storied hot springs resort) became the first Zen monastery outside Japan. Run by the San Francisco Zen Center, the monastery is open to the public from May through September and closed the rest of the year for...
- 1 Travel Tips How to Get the Best Last-Minute Travel Deals
- 2 Travel News Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge Is Opening Soon—Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- 3 Travel News U.S. Citizens Will Need to Register to Travel to Europe Starting in 2021
- 4 Where to Go in Summer California Wildflowers: Where and When to Find Them During the Super Bloom
- 5 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Ongoing Paris Riots