Big Sky, Montana
Collected by Jen Murphy, AFAR Contributor
Yellowstone National Park is no secret by any stretch of the imagination. Yellowstone is one of America's most popular tourist destinations, and with good reason; there few places in the country where you can rub shoulders with grizzlies, smack...
Sapphire Pool, Wyoming 82190, USA
The brilliant blue color of Yellowstone National Park's Sapphire Pool looks like the perfect hot tub for chilly winter park visitors. Sadly, its pristine waters reach temperatures of 200-plus degrees. A little too hot for a soak, but when the wind...
29 E Main St, Bozeman, MT 59715, USA
I can think of worse places to be stuck than Bozeman, Montana. And when my flight was recently cancelled, stranding me there for two days, I decided to venture downtown and check out Plonk Wine Bar. Plonk is a term that refers to a poor quality...
Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Old Faithful typically erupts every 35 to 120 minutes, and its show usually lasts for one-and-a-half to five minutes. On the day we were there, the 200-degree water reached 160 feet, which is on the higher end of the spectrum. Observers sit on...
Lone Mountain, Big Sky, MT 59720, USA
Big Sky ski resort in Montana has 3,600 acres to play on. One of my favorite spots to snowboard on a good powder day is the bowl that sits 1,366 feet below Lone Mountain's summit. Take the Lone Peak triple chair up and traverse as far over as...
- 1Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)
- 2Travel NewsAustria’s New James Bond Museum Is a Spectacular Secret Lair High in the Alps
- 3Luxury AdventureHow to Glamp Under the Midnight Sun in Norway This Summer
- 4Travel NewsYosemite’s Giant Sequoia Grove Reopens After Nearly Three Years
- 5TechThe Future of the Great American Road Trip Is Electric