Collected by Sarah Files
Window Trail, Texas 79834, USA
The Window Trail, my hands-down favorite hike in Big Bend National Park, is a 5.6 mile scenic venture located in the Chisos Mountain Basin. We were hiking with kids in the 110-degree mid-summer heat so we shaved off a mile of the trek without...
An eight hour's drive from our Austin home and an entire world away, Santa Elena Canyon is a Big Bend classic not to be missed. Cut by the Rio Grande River which creates the U.S./Mexico border, this spectacular slot canyon is one of the most...
Big Bend National Park, TX, USA
One my favorite short hikes in Big Bend National Park is the Window Trail which leads directly to "The Window", a large rock canyon that cuts through the Chisos Mountains rim, allowing drainage from the Basin to the Chihuahuan Desert. The V-shaped...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now