Collected by Michael
Paro bhutan, satsam chorten, Paro, Bhutan
I visited Bhutan in the Spring of 2010, and had the opportunity to climb the mountain trail to Tiger's Nest. Tiger's Nest is a Buddhist sacred site and temple complex, located on a cliff 900 meters above the Paro Valley. To get to this popular...
Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
The national sport of Bhutan is archery. Serious archery. These gentlemen (the Prince was a competitor before he became King) are so good they hit targets we couldn't even see from the competitors end of the grounds. When they did well they would...
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
- 1Air TravelTSA Implements New Carry-On Rules for Powders
- 2Travel NewsThere’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 3Where to Go in SummerHow to Take the Houseboat Vacation of Your Dreams This Summer
- 4Festivals + EventsSweden’s Magical Midsommar Festival Is Straight out of a Fairy Tale
- 5Travel TipsHow to Plan the Perfect Group Trip (Without the Stress)