Collected by Deborah Goldblatt
Chang Lam, Thimphu, Bhutan
The national sport of Bhutan is archery. Serious archery. These gentlemen (the Prince was a competitor before he became King) are so good they hit targets we couldn't even see from the competitors end of the grounds. When they did well they would...
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
Av. Juárez, Centro Histórico, Centro, 06050 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
The imposing, white-domed wedding cake now known as Palacio de Bellas Artes was originally planned as a national theater, and construction was begun in 1904. The Mexican Revolution, among other things, postponed its completion until 1934, which...
Zapatero, Cartagena, Cartagena Province, Bolivar, Colombia
Cartagena de Indias, Colombia: There are still undiscovered spots in the world that lure those who embrace true authentic experiences. Cartagena is just such a place. The historic walled city is a true gem in the world. Wander around the maze of...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles