Collected by joy rikala
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
Paro Archery Grounds, Paro, Bhutan
I LOVE this photo because it is the essence of Bhutan! Watching some of the world's best archers at the Archery Grounds in Paro is amazing- we could barely SEE the target from the end where the archers stood, but they hit is dead center time after...
Taktsang trail, Bhutan
Countless people have made the arduous trek to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery in Bhutan but I would venture to say that few have ever made it to the spot shown in the photo. This small, unassuming structure, nestled high up in the crook of the...
Bhutan, not economically advantaged by any measure of monetary wealth & a least "developed" world nation, (70% a trekker's dream of forest) has ranked happiest in Asia. The 4 Pillars of Happiness, honed after the Throne declared Well-Being the...
- 1Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 2Travel NewsUber Is Trying to Fix Its Most Annoying Problem
- 3Art7 Real-Life Places in France That Inspired Celebrated Paintings
- 4World Heritage5 UNESCO World Heritage Sites With Incredible Street Art
- 5Air TravelAmerican Airlines Is the First Major Airline to Ban Plastic Straws and Drink Stirrers