Collected by joy rikala
Shop with locals atThimphu’s Weekend Market, where you can buy handwoven silks, singing bowls, and traditional masks, above. You’ll also find human bones: Thigh bones, kangdu, are blown like trumpets, and skulls, kapala, are used to hold water or...
Paro Archery Grounds, Paro, Bhutan
I LOVE this photo because it is the essence of Bhutan! Watching some of the world's best archers at the Archery Grounds in Paro is amazing- we could barely SEE the target from the end where the archers stood, but they hit is dead center time after...
Taktsang trail, Bhutan
Countless people have made the arduous trek to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) Monastery in Bhutan but I would venture to say that few have ever made it to the spot shown in the photo. This small, unassuming structure, nestled high up in the crook of the...
Bhutan, not economically advantaged by any measure of monetary wealth & a least "developed" world nation, (70% a trekker's dream of forest) has ranked happiest in Asia. The 4 Pillars of Happiness, honed after the Throne declared Well-Being the...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna