Best secret bars in London
Collected by Emma John , AFAR Local Expert
69 Colebrooke Row, London N1 8AA, UK
In this tiny, unmarked bar on a quiet Islington corner, bartending expert Tony Conigliaro engineers classic cocktails using newfangled scientific equipment. Tannic grape seed essence, distilled in the bar’s laboratory two streets away,...
12-16 Artillery Ln, London E1 7LS, UK
While it's not the clandestine experience it claims to be (we didn't have to ask for the mayor like the website says), The Mayor of Scaredy Cat Town is a fun time beneath the Breakfast Club restaurant in Spitalfields. To enter, you walk through an...
39-45 Bermondsey St, London SE1 3XF, UK
Turn right out of London Bridge Station, down the road and under the tunnel and you'll find The Hide...a classy, cozy, relaxed bar and home to some of the most creative mixologists in London. You could choose one of the fantastic drinks form their...
1e Great Eastern St, London EC2A 3EJ, UK
Ah, yes. Another hidden cocktail bar. I will never tire of them! This little gem is by appointment only (just call up and make a rez, no fuss!) and once you arrive at the desolate doorway just off Great Eastern in Shoreditch, ring up the host and...
50-54 Blandford St, Marylebone, London W1U 7HX, UK
You almost wouldn't notice this place, as you go down narrow stairs to enter its caverns. It feels like a holdover from old days of early cinema with nooks and crannies and cocktails to cry over...they border on the molecular gastronomy level but...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019