Best Places to Pick Your Own
Collected by Texas Tourism
Even if you are just visiting Texas and don’t have any need to stock up on baskets of berries to start jamming, visiting one of the state’s Pick Your Own farms can be a great afternoon for the family. In the summer, Texas’s fields are dotted with berries, come fall, apple trees await. Many of these farms have other activities to fill out the day—corn mazes and hay rides await!
1801 FM1980, Marble Falls, TX 78654, USA
3601 Hwy 6, Alvin, TX 77511, USA
Froberg’s farm is a family tradition, having been on the same plot of land since the late 1930s. Located in Alvin, a Gulf Coast city just about thirty minutes south of Houston, the farm has a little bit of everything. Strawberries are the main...
115 W Brown St, Ennis, TX 75119, USA
Bluebonnets are the beloved state flower of Texas and in nearly every Texan’s home or photo album, you’ll see a family portrait set in a field of blue. While bluebonnets are protected and cannot be picked, you can head to Ennis for its yearly...
2488 FM 1557, Carrizo Springs, TX 78834, USA
Move over Texas crude: there’s a new oil in town. Just north of Dallas, in Carrizo Springs, lies the Texas Olive Ranch, growing 100% pure Texas Extra Virgin Olive Oil. (The arid climate of this area is extremely similar to that of southern Spain,...
Less than an hour west of San Antonio, the Pipe Creek Christmas Tree Farm will help you to create your own Clark Griswold experience—and have a “Feliz Navidad” in the South Texas Plains. Even if you aren’t shopping for a tree, you may want to stop...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys