Best Places to Eat in Seoul
Collected by Tommy Alexander, AFAR Staff
1 Itaewon-ro 15-gil, Itaewon 1(il)-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Finding Mexican Food in Korea is a chore, and if you do, never mind it being anywhere even close to authentic. Enter Vatos Urban Tacos. Run by two guys hailing from California and Texas respectively, Vatos has made the quest for south of the...
4 Itaewon-ro 23-gil, 이태원동 용산구 서울특별시 South Korea
Off of Itaewon’s main thoroughfare is a tiny alley containing one of the best bakeries in all of Seoul: Tartine Bakery and Pie Cafe. Sunny yellow tables and chairs decorate the sidewalk and cheerfully beckon passersby to sit and stay a while....
84-13 Gwanhun-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul, South Korea
First-time visitors to Korea might get the impression that every meal consists of nothing but spicy red pepper–laced everything. And, while kimchi is practically unavoidable, (and deliciously so!), heat is not the only culinary sensation. In an...
136 Mallijae-ro, Seogye-dong, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Walk the streets of Seoul for even one day, and you will begin to notice that Paris Baguette—the most popular of Korean bakery shops—is ever present. Located in train stations, bus depots, malls, the airport, and on practically every street in...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 4 Travel News Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna
- 5 Bars + Nightlife The Best Rooftop Bars in Los Angeles