Best Places to Drink in Beijing
Collected by Tommy Alexander, AFAR Staff
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, Xinzhong St, 新中街乙12号 邮政编码: 100001
After decades of rule by innocuous lagers, a small revolution is brewing in Beijing's beer scene, with a handful of small-scale brew operations popping up over the past few years. Great Leap is among them and brings together foreign beer makers...
S Luogu Alley, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
12SQM lives up to its name, as it is only 12 square meters of bar. It is, however, a great place if you want to drink great bourbon or single malt scotch (they have one of the most extensive bourbon collections in the city)—the atmosphere is cozy...
66 S Luogu Alley, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Things can get sloppy at Salud. This French-managed spot epitomizes "renao" -- roughly meaning 'hot and noisy' or 'lively'. Old friends gather for drinks and make new friends with those at the next table. Catchy tunes, and sometimes live acts,...
Banchang Hutong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Cafes, restaurants, and bars proliferate in the secluded hutong alleyways of Beijing. One of the best is Mao Mao Chong, a name that refers to "caterpillar"—and makes this seem an ideal spot to include on a pub crawl. Started by a Chinese and...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Expedition Cruises Take This Quiz to Find Your Perfect Cruise Destination Sponsored by Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises