Best Places to Drink in Beijing
Collected by Tommy Alexander, AFAR Staff
China, Beijing Shi, Dongcheng Qu, Xinzhong St, 新中街乙12号 邮政编码: 100001
After decades of rule by innocuous lagers, a small revolution is brewing in Beijing's beer scene, with a handful of small-scale brew operations popping up over the past few years. Great Leap is among them and brings together foreign beer makers...
S Luogu Alley, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
12SQM lives up to its name, as it is only 12 square meters of bar. It is, however, a great place if you want to drink great bourbon or single malt scotch (they have one of the most extensive bourbon collections in the city)—the atmosphere is cozy...
66 S Luogu Alley, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Things can get sloppy at Salud. This French-managed spot epitomizes "renao" -- roughly meaning 'hot and noisy' or 'lively'. Old friends gather for drinks and make new friends with those at the next table. Catchy tunes, and sometimes live acts,...
Banchang Hutong, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100007
Cafes, restaurants, and bars proliferate in the secluded hutong alleyways of Beijing. One of the best is Mao Mao Chong, a name that refers to "caterpillar"—and makes this seem an ideal spot to include on a pub crawl. Started by a Chinese and...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now