Best Places for Souvenir Shopping in Singapore
Collected by Arwen Joyce, AFAR Local Expert
Whether you're looking for Chinese tea sets or little statues of Ganesh, you'll find it in Singapore (and you won't even have to haggle).
Sungei Rd, Singapore
The sellers in Singapore's oldest flea market may not be offering anything you want, but it's still interesting to stroll this elbow-shaped lane and peruse the old cassette tapes, secondhand clothes and electronics on display. Not least because...
It might seem blasphemous that Hans Tan, the 32-year-old designer behind Singapore’s Hans Tan Studio, takes a sandblaster to highly collectible Nonyaware pottery. But Tan’s limited edition Spotted Nyonya collection is his reinterpretation of the...
100 Beach Rd, Singapore 189702
The Tong Tong shop is a darling little corner in the aging Shaw Towers complex. You can't help but notice this mysterious-looking tunnel that directs you to places unknown! The tunnel leads you into a cute little shop that sells a range of...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys