Best of the Bay
Collected by Tara Guertin , AFAR Staff
375 Valencia St, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA
A key player in the "third wave" coffee movement is Four Barrel Coffee, founded by Jeremy Tooker—who has a particular love for light roasts and the bright, acidic flavors that come with this method. Don’t let that description deter you, though;...
Stockton St Tunnel, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
There are several Chinatowns in the Bay Area, but this 24-block one is the oldest—not just in San Francisco, but in all of North America. The first record of Chinese settlers in San Francisco dates their arrival to 1848, but the gold rush a...
Golden Gate Bridge, California, USA
4001 Judah St, San Francisco, CA 94122, USA
Outerlands is an Outer Sunset institution. The small restaurant near Ocean Beach serves local, organic cuisine in a rustic-chic setting. Covered floor-to-ceiling in warm, rough-hewn wood, the interior invites lingering over an artisan cocktail or...
San Francisco, CA, USA
There are so many fabulous places in the city that you can go to see and photograph San Francisco and the entire bay area. Some of these are open for the public while others may only be available to guests staying at that particular hotel. So if...
- 1 Air Travel How Much Do Masks Really Protect You on Flights?
- 2 Trains There’s Now a Direct High-Speed Train From Amsterdam to London
- 3 Tips + News Costa Rica Opens to All U.S. Travelers—No COVID Test or Quarantine Required
- 4 Tips + News When Will We Be Able to Travel to Europe?
- 5 Air Travel Which U.S. Airlines Are Still Blocking Middle Seats?