Best of Ribbon Reef
Collected by Travis Marshall , AFAR Local Expert
Ribbon Reef, Lizard 4892, Australia
Cruising the Great Barrier Reef offers an up-close look at the world's largest living organism. Tiny creatures called polyps, working together in billions-strong colonies, built the Great Barrier Reef into a network of coral reef systems and...
Lizard Island, Cairns QLD 4871, Australia
From Sydney a 3-hour flight will bring you to Cairns, a gateway city to one of the world’s true natural wonders: the Great Barrier Reef. While the marine life of the world’s largest living organism draw snorkelers and divers, the reef also has...
- 1 Tips + News California Lifts Stay-Home Order, Allowing Travel in the State to Resume
- 2 Air Travel All Travelers to U.S. Will Need to Quarantine and Show Negative COVID Test Result
- 3 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID
- 4 Tips + News Planes, Trains, and . . . National Parks? Yep, Masks Now Required for Travel in U.S.
- 5 AFAR Advisor 11 Overwater Bungalows to Book in 2021