Best of Ribbon Reef
Collected by Travis Marshall, AFAR Local Expert
Ribbon Reef, Lizard 4892, Australia
Cruising the Great Barrier Reef offers an up-close look at the world's largest living organism. Tiny creatures called polyps, working together in billions-strong colonies, built the Great Barrier Reef into a network of coral reef systems and...
Lizard Island, Cairns QLD 4871, Australia
Lizard Island, which sits at the northern tip of the Great Barrier Reef, is a ruggedly beautiful island in the clear blue ocean where you will feel truly secluded from the rest of the world. Pack a delicious gourmet picnic and escape to your own...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Travel News The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos