Best of Hawaiian Islands
Collected by Michelle M. Winner, AFAR Local Expert
It's the best, enough said.
1, Keomoku Highway, Lanai City, HI 96763, USA
Lanai, a sleepy former pineapple plantation, has entered the spotlight. Following the island’s purchase by tech billionaire Larry Ellison in 2012, the Four Seasons Resort Lanai underwent an overhaul that reduced the number of guest rooms...
36-221 Manowaiopae Homestead Rd, Laupahoehoe, HI 96764, USA
Mushrooms on Hawaii? Yes! Farmer Bob Stanga is cultivating four types of specialty mushrooms in the Hilo area and doing tours to show you! The mushrooms are bottle-cultivated in that they are grown in special containers containing a mixture of...
Hilo, HI, HI, USA
Living in Honolulu, nothing feels better than to leave the City for a few days; even if it means heading to the North Shore of Oahu or another island for a short reprieve. On this particular occasion, I booked a ticket to the Big Island of Hawaii;...
2580 Kekaa Dr #115, Lahaina, HI 96761, USA
Skyline Eco-Adventures offers zipline on five islands, with two, the Haleakala and Ka'anapali on Maui. As you might expect they provide completely different experiences. Ziplining as sport adventure is becoming ubiquitous around the world....
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 3 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 4 Where to Go in Winter Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter