Best of Haifa
Collected by Marc Perrotta , AFAR Contributor
Nazareth and the surrounding area are rich in places that will be known to many travelers familiar with New Testament accounts of the early life of Jesus. Nazareth’s important religious sites include the Basilica of the Annunciation, a modern...
First settled around 3000 B.C.E. at the northern point of Haifa Bay, Acre is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the area, with a wealth of historic sites from almost every era of occupation. During Ottoman rule in the late...
Caesarea, the city and harbor that Herod built, is now preserved as a national park. A walk along its pathways allows visitors to experience the city’s role as part of ancient Rome and its days during the Crusades in the Byzantine era. Check out a...
כביש 79, Israel
Situated west of Nazareth, Zippori National Park includes the ancient city of Zippori, with its Roman, Jewish and Christian buildings, sites and ruins. A climb to the top of the partially restored Roman theater offers sweeping views of the valley...
- 1 Tips + News Americans Have Traveled to Mexico Throughout COVID
- 2 Air Travel All Travelers to U.S. Will Need Negative COVID Test
- 3 Tips + News Paris to Transform the Champs-Élysées Into “Extraordinary Garden”
- 4 Tips + News Canada Now Requires Both a COVID Test and Quarantine for Entry
- 5 Tips + News In Wake of D.C. Uprising, Defiant Passengers See Flying Privileges Revoked