Best of Haifa
Collected by Marc Perrotta
Nazareth and the surrounding area are rich in places that will be known to many travelers familiar with New Testament accounts of the early life of Jesus. Nazareth’s important religious sites include the Basilica of the Annunciation, a modern...
First settled around 3000 B.C.E. at the northern point of Haifa Bay, Acre is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the area, with a wealth of historic sites from almost every era of occupation. During Ottoman rule in the late...
32, Hadar Street (Cl.5), Caesarea, 38900, Israel
The ancient city of Caesarea, which is located halfway between Haifa and Tel Aviv, was founded in 90 B.C.E. and has a wealth of history and archaeological ruins, most notably those that date from the Roman Empire. The impressive Roman aqueduct,...
כביש 79, Israel
Situated west of Nazareth, Zippori National Park includes the ancient city of Zippori, with its Roman, Jewish and Christian buildings, sites and ruins. A climb to the top of the partially restored Roman theater offers sweeping views of the valley...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna