Best of Haifa
Collected by Marc Perrotta, AFAR Contributor
Nazareth and the surrounding area are rich in places that will be known to many travelers familiar with New Testament accounts of the early life of Jesus. Nazareth’s important religious sites include the Basilica of the Annunciation, a modern...
First settled around 3000 B.C.E. at the northern point of Haifa Bay, Acre is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the area, with a wealth of historic sites from almost every era of occupation. During Ottoman rule in the late...
32, Hadar Street (Cl.5), Caesarea, Israel
The ancient city of Caesarea, which is located halfway between Haifa and Tel Aviv, was founded in 90 B.C.E. and has a wealth of history and archaeological ruins, most notably those that date from the Roman Empire. The impressive Roman aqueduct,...
כביש 79, Israel
Situated west of Nazareth, Zippori National Park includes the ancient city of Zippori, with its Roman, Jewish and Christian buildings, sites and ruins. A climb to the top of the partially restored Roman theater offers sweeping views of the valley...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos
- 4 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 5 Exceptional Travel Experiences The Ideal Iceland May Only Exist in Your Mind