Best of Haifa
Collected by Marc Perrotta , AFAR Contributor
Nazareth and the surrounding area are rich in places that will be known to many travelers familiar with New Testament accounts of the early life of Jesus. Nazareth’s important religious sites include the Basilica of the Annunciation, a modern...
First settled around 3000 B.C.E. at the northern point of Haifa Bay, Acre is one of the oldest continuously inhabited settlements in the area, with a wealth of historic sites from almost every era of occupation. During Ottoman rule in the late...
כביש 79, Israel
Situated west of Nazareth, Zippori National Park includes the ancient city of Zippori, with its Roman, Jewish and Christian buildings, sites and ruins. A climb to the top of the partially restored Roman theater offers sweeping views of the valley...
- 1 Air Travel French Bee Just Made It Much Cheaper to Fly to Paris From New York
- 2 Travel News Anthony Bourdain’s Possessions Will Be Auctioned to Fund New Study Abroad Scholarship
- 3 Natural Wonders Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Books 15 Amazing Books That Inspire Us to Travel
- 5 Museums + Galleries The Largest Monet Exhibition in 20 Years Is Coming to 1 U.S. Museum This Fall