Best of Douglas
Collected by Kristan Schiller, AFAR Contributor
Cregneash Road, Cregneash IM9 5PX
Set on remote Mull Hill in the southern region of the Isle of Man, the village of Cregneash was one of the last bastions of the traditional Manx crofters—that is, tenant farmers on small lots. It was designated by Manx National Heritage as the...
6 Finch Rd, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 2SE, Isle of Man
The Tynwald (or, more formally, the High Court of Tynwald) is the parliament of the Isle of Man and, at over 1,000 years old, is considered to be the oldest continuous parliamentary body in the world. It now begins each session in Douglas every...
Clinch's House, Lord Street, Douglas IM99 1RZ
The Isle of Man Steam Railway still uses its original locomotives and carriages along the narrow gauge tracks that run south from Douglas through picturesque countryside to Castletown and Port Erin. If you would rather explore the island on foot,...
- 1 Travel News This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Luxury Cruises A Titanic Replica Could Set Sail in 2022
- 4 Travel News Which State You Live in Says a Lot About Where You Like to Travel
- 5 Photography Tips The Key to Taking Jaw-Dropping Outdoor Travel Photos