Best of Douglas
Collected by Kristan Schiller
Cregneash Road, IM9 5PX
Set on remote Mull Hill in the southern region of the Isle of Man, the village of Cregneash was one of the last bastions of the traditional Manx crofters—that is, tenant farmers on small lots. It was designated by Manx National Heritage as the...
6 Finch Rd, Douglas IM1 1EJ, Isle of Man
The Tynwald (or, more formally, the High Court of Tynwald) is the parliament of the Isle of Man and, at over 1,000 years old, is considered to be the oldest continuous parliamentary body in the world. It now begins each session in Douglas every...
Clinch's House, Lord Street, Douglas IM99 1RZ
The Isle of Man Steam Railway still uses its original locomotives and carriages along the narrow gauge tracks that run south from Douglas through picturesque countryside to Castletown and Port Erin. If you would rather explore the island on foot,...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village