Best of Djúpivogur
Collected by Gretchen Kelly , AFAR Local Expert
Ránarslóð, 780 Höfn í Hornafirði, Iceland
With ringside-seat views of Vatnajökull (the Vatna Glacier), the small fishing village of Höfn (which means "harbor") is the site of a major fish processing factory and a stopping point for travelers bound for more remote corners of the country....
Dynjandi, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði, Iceland
Hofellsjökull Glacier was once much larger and used to serve as a source of ice for locals to chill fish. The retreating glacier has left a large lagoon in its wake and the area is now the home of various species of birds as well as some rare and...
A visit to the fishing village of Djúpivogur may feel like a journey back in time, especially when you tour the 1790 Langabúð house museum. The town's cultural center is in a former warehouse home to folk crafts and works by Icelandic sculptor...
- 1 Travel News The Real Story Behind Venice’s Newly Crystal-Clear Canals
- 2 Travel News Quarantine. Self-Isolation. Lockdown. Shelter in Place. What’s the Difference?
- 3 Travel News Virtual Museum Tours, Performances, and Tutorials to Keep You (and Your Kids) Entertained at Home
- 4 Air Travel TSA Just Made Some Major Changes to Its Rules Due to Coronavirus
- 5 Travel News What Life Looks Like in Locked-Down Countries