Best of Charleston
Collected by Stacey Zable
340 Concord St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Visitors start their journey to this national monument at the education center on Liberty Square, where exhibits bring to life the first battle of the Civil War. They then take a ferry to the actual fort, located on an island at the mouth of the...
1235 Long Point Rd, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464, USA
Planted in 1973, the magnificent avenue of oak trees that greets visitors at Boone Hall Plantation is a must-see. After taking it in, guests can walk through the plantation mansion or take a motor tour of the grounds, which cover 738 acres. At...
87 Church St, Charleston, SC 29403, USA
A Georgian-style double house, this historic home was built in 1772 for Thomas Heyward, Jr., a signer of the Declaration of Independence. In 1780, Heyward fled from Charleston when British forces invaded, and the house was later rented out on a...
147 King St, Charleston, SC 29401, USA
Guests take a step back in time when strolling through Charleston’s Old and Historic District, a National Historic Landmark that includes some 3,000 pre–Revolutionary and 18th- and 19th-century buildings. Highlights include Rainbow Row, 13 homes...
3550 Ashley River Rd, Charleston, SC 29414, USA
A visit to a Charleston historic plantation is typically on every traveler’s itinerary, but choosing which one can prove difficult. Magnolia Plantation & Gardens makes its case with Lowcountry wilderness rather than tamed rows and...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 3 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 4 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna