Best Hiking in Austria
Collected by Eva Schmiedleitner
Fun hikes for all levels in the Austrian Alps.
Hahnenkamm, 6370 Kitzbuhel, Austria
While you may have heard of Hahnenkamm as a world-famous ski course, it might be completely new to you as a hiking trail. You begin your trip by taking the cable car up the mountain, which makes for a deceivingly relaxing start. Once you arrive at...
5640 Badgastein, Austria
Nationalpark Hohe Tauern is a giant not just in size, but also in its way of leaving an impression. The largest nature reserve in the Alps harbors many sights, such as breathtaking panoramas and exciting trails that you can explore in whatever...
8463 Leutschach, Austria
Styria's southernmost wine region is often compared to Tuscany - some would argue that it is even more beautiful. Soft, green hills fold into each other to create a landscape of absolute peace and harmony, holding beautiful vinyards in their...
Oberkrimml 42, 5743 Krimml, Austria
Austria's historic and cultural allure may only be surpassed by the country's natural beauty. The Krimmler Waterfalls in the Hohe Tauern National Park are a perfect example of how mother nature must have taken a particular liking to our Alpine...
Hauswiese, 7142 Illmitz, Austria
The National Park Seewinkel is extremely generous with its Austrian tenants. Its diverse fauna, beautiful scenery and mild climate would be great enough blessings on their own, but the region is also famous for its fabulous selection of wines. For...
- 1 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 2 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 3 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 4 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December
- 5 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet