Best food shops in London
Collected by Emma John , AFAR Local Expert
6 Park St, London SE1 9AB, UK
No visit to London ever goes by without a stop at Neal's Yard Dairy. Neal's has two shops (in London I'm a fan of the Borough Market location) and I often go to taste my way through the 70-some cheeses they sources from cheesemakers in farms...
26 St John St, Clerkenwell, London EC1M 4AY, UK
If there is a Mecca for foodies, this must be it. I have been in all three St. John's Restaurants in London, and I can say with confidence that every human being shouldn't die before having a meal created by Fergus Henderson. This place is a...
3 Moxon St, Marylebone, London W1U 4EP, UK
I may not know London very well but given that I always follow my belly, it came as little surprise that I managed to sniff out what is said to be Britain's top chocolatier during a quick trip. With fair trade chocolates, bonbons, eggs,...
181 Piccadilly, St. James's, London W1A 1ER, UK
The building may not have the grandeur of Harrod's, but Fortnum and Mason is a British institution in that this is where the Queen 'buys her groceries'. Ok, perhaps Her Majesty doesn't physically come over but apparently Buckingham Palace does...
93 Jermyn St, St. James's, London SW1Y 6JE, UK
Paxton & Whitfield is the oldest cheesemonger in London. Opened in 1797, it was actually opened by a Mr. Sam Cullen who became partners with Paxton & Whitfield, but I guess they muscled him out. They began supplying the royal household in 1850 and...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico