Best date night in London
Collected by Emma John, AFAR Local Expert
191 Portobello Rd, London W11 2ED, UK
For the ultimate cinema experience in London, head way down to Portobello Road in Notting Hill to see a film at the Electric Cinema, which has been showing movies for 100 years. After just recently undergoing a refurbishment, you'll find plush...
83 Upper St, London N1 0NP, UK
Taking the time to see a movie while I'm traveling usually doesn't rank high on my list of priorities but when the cinema itself offers a unique experience or cultural offering, I'm more than willing to reconsider. Roman Polanski opined that going...
St Katharine's & Wapping, London EC3N 4AB, UK
Visitors to this turreted riverside castle enter a thousand years of history filled with cultural significance (but go early to avoid lines to see the crown jewels). Tudor fans can view the spot where Anne Boleyn was beheaded and the kinds of...
64-66 Redchurch St, Shoreditch, London E2 7DP, UK
Take a date for an after-dark cinematic adventure in the Aubin & Wills basement cinema. The chairs are plush black velvet, blankets to snuggle up in, and a bar with salty popcorn and drinks. A lot of times they will show a short directed and...
35-47 Bethnal Green Rd, London E1 6LA, UK
Sometimes, living in East London, one can feel...isolated. It's a trek to find "your locals" like movie theaters and supermarkets and nail salons. Just when I thought I'd have to get myself to Oxford Circus, I discovered not one, but two indie...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village