Best Coffee in Rome
Collected by Gillian Longworth McGuire, AFAR Local Expert
There is a bar on almost every corner in Rome. These are some of my favorites.
80/a, Via Fabio Massimo, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
Located in Prati, not too far from the Vatican, head here for a pre-tour, morning cappuccino at the wood-paneled bar. This very elegant bar also serves the prettiest cup of afternoon espresso. Before your espresso gets pulled, a generous dollop...
Via Merulana, 54, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
This is no ordinary bakery. People are said to cross town for the bread and pastries created here. I come for an early morning cappuccino with a big spoonful of “crema” (zabiglione) before a grocery trip to Mercato Piazza Vittorio or a Rome for...
Via dei Condotti, 86, 00187 Roma RM, Italy
Once the haunt of expat artists, poets, and dreamers, Antico Caffè Greco, on Rome's glamorous Via Condotti, is a must. At this 18th-century caffè, you'll learn that Romans can be very particular about their coffee. Cappuccino is a...
Galleria Essedra, Via Vittorio Emanuele Orlando, 75, 00185 Roma RM, Italy
Dagnino is a Sicilan Bar, filled with Sicilian treats, with plenty of old school, retro charm. There are baristas in white jackets and lots of polished marble and burnished silver. My favorite thing to get there is a breakfast cappuccino and a...
Via dei Serpenti, 165, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
This is my neighborhood bar. It use to be an old fashioned, kind of grimy hodgepodge of a place that sold lottery tickets and cigarettes and lunch. I loved it. When they underwent a bright and shiny renovation, I despaired that it would become a...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 4 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 5 Museums + Galleries Wes Anderson’s First Curated Exhibit Is Coming to Vienna