Best Bastille Day Bashes (in and outside of France!)
Collected by Lindsey Tramuta , AFAR Contributor
3 Rue Brey, 75017 Paris, France
'Bisous' in French means 'kisses' and on their national day (especially in Paris) you may get a few, since everyone is celebrating. It's a real treat to be anywhere on July 14th in France, but Paris knows how to put on a show. After the sun goes...
299 Broadway, Suite 620, New York, NY 10007, USA
Even if you are not a Francophile, it's fun to celebrate Bastille Day (July 14). In New York, where there is a sizable French ex-pat community, Bastille Day brings French flavor to the city. Bastille Day on 60th Street (between Fifth and Lexington...
Cobble Hill, Brooklyn, NY, USA
95+ degree heat couldn't keep Brooklyn from celebrating French independence in style. http://bartabacny.com/. An annual gathering in mid July that continues to grow w/ amazing food/cocktails and even better people watching.
2027 Fairmount Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19130, USA
What do Al Capone and Bruce Willis have in common? They both did time here at Eastern State Penitentiary. (OK, Willis wasn't an inmate, but he did shoot the film 12 Monkeys here.) The facility's first inmate was brought through these doors in...
77950 Maincy, France
Those who faithfully follow the guidebooks on Paris and its environs will undoubtedly find themselves journeying 10km south west of the capital to Versailles to discover the Sun King’s gilded emblem – an impressive if grandiose symbol of royal...
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Spring 10 Best Places to Travel in May