Collected by John Newton, AFAR Contributor
Tauentzienstraße 21-24, 10789 Berlin, Germany
The largest department store in continental Europe, Kaufhaus des Westens (usually abbreviated as simply KaDeWe) is over a century old and a must for any shopper visiting Berlin. After being largely destroyed in World War II, its reopening in 1950...
Budapester Str. 38-50, 10787 Berlin, Germany
Germany’s first concept-mall can be found between the redeveloped Zoologischer Garten area and the ultra-hip 25 Hour Hotel. Occupying a recently refurbished 1950s building, its slickly reworked interior now houses flagship stores, quirky...
Hackescher Markt, 10178 Berlin, Germany
In the streets around the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station near Alexanderplatz, you’ll find the full variety of shopping experiences that Berlin offers, from leading international brands to independent boutiques and the studios of rising young...
Kurfürstendamm 225-226, 10719 Berlin, Germany
Germany is the source of many of our holiday traditions, including most famously the Christmas tree, and its Christmas markets are legendary. If you are visiting Berlin in any season besides winter, however, finding those carved wooden and crystal...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now