Collected by John Newton, AFAR Contributor
Tauentzienstraße 21-24, 10789 Berlin, Germany
The largest department store in continental Europe, Kaufhaus des Westens (usually abbreviated as simply KaDeWe) is over a century old and a must for any shopper visiting Berlin. After being largely destroyed in World War II, its reopening in 1950...
Budapester Str. 38-50, 10787 Berlin, Germany
Germany’s first concept-mall can be found between the redeveloped Zoologischer Garten area and the ultra-hip 25 Hour Hotel. Occupying a recently refurbished 1950s building, its slickly reworked interior now houses flagship stores, quirky...
Hackescher Markt, 10178 Berlin, Germany
In the streets around the Hackescher Markt S-Bahn station near Alexanderplatz, you’ll find the full variety of shopping experiences that Berlin offers, from leading international brands to independent boutiques and the studios of rising young...
Kurfürstendamm 225-226, 10719 Berlin, Germany
Germany is the source of many of our holiday traditions, including most famously the Christmas tree, and its Christmas markets are legendary. If you are visiting Berlin in any season besides winter, however, finding those carved wooden and crystal...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Art + Culture 9 Things That Are Surprisingly Offensive in Asia
- 3 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 4 Travel News You Can Pay to Attend a Traditional Wedding in India
- 5 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now