Berlin Go To
Collected by Katy Stainton
Lindenstraße 9-14, 10969 Berlin, Germany
The architecturally striking Jewish Museum is the best place in Berlin to get an overview of German-Jewish relations and to understand the nature of the integration of the two cultures before the Holocaust's horrors. Designed by Daniel...
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Occupying a prominent space between Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz, this memorial (also known as the Holocaust-Mahnmal, or Holocaust Memorial) has almost 3,000 gray oblong pillars (stelae), arranged at varying heights, that form a kind of...
Bodestraße 1-3, 10178 Berlin, Germany
One of the biggest stars of the five museums on Museum Island, the Pergamon was the last to open, in 1930. Built to resemble a Babylonian temple, it houses a trove of ancient treasures from the Middle East, with highlights that include the...
Breitscheidplatz, 10789 Berlin, Germany
The broken spire of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church is almost as iconic a symbol of Berlin as the Brandenburg Gate. The original church that stood here was constructed in the 1890s but it was severely damaged in World War II. Rather than remove...
Olympischer Platz 3, 14053 Berlin, Germany
I've been fascinated with the Olympics since I watched the opening ceremonies of the 1992 Barcelona Summer Games and saw that archer and his flaming arrow light the Olympic flame. Prior to my trip to Europe, I'd never been to an Olympic stadium....
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December