Berlin Go To
Collected by Katy Stainton
Lindenstraße 9-14, 10969 Berlin, Germany
I was wandering the side streets of Kreuzberg after visiting the Jewish Museum and was suddenly struck how the plastered posters throughout the city created unlikely art created by pops of neon color and rhythmic patterns. I found this scene to...
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe also known as the Holocaust Memorial consists of a 19,000 squares meters (almost 6,000 squares feet) covered with 2,771 concrete slabs arranged in a grid pattern on a sloping field.
Bodestraße 1-3, 10178 Berlin, Germany
If you've ever seen a piece of jewelry set with lapis lazuli, then you know the shade—a deep, rich blue like a Van Gogh painting or expensive silk. Now imagine an entire city entrance that color, and you've got the Ishtar Gate, one of the...
Breitscheidplatz, 10789 Berlin, Germany
See the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church for contrasting architecture (it was originally built in 1890, and rebuilt in 1963 after suffering extensive damage in a WWII bombing raid). What to do for Fun in Berlin: http://bit.ly/18OBQPT
Olympischer Platz 3, 14053 Berlin, Germany
I've been fascinated with the Olympics since I watched the opening ceremonies of the 1992 Barcelona Summer Games and saw that archer and his flaming arrow light the Olympic flame. Prior to my trip to Europe, I'd never been to an Olympic stadium....
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 4 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico