Collected by Farryn Blake
Rosenthaler Str. 40 -41, 10178 Berlin, Germany
This is one of the most hectic and lively courtyards in Berlin. Located in Mitte, it is named after the Hackeschen Market, which is across the street. As in many of Berlin's courtyards, the building complex around it consists of offices,...
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Occupying a prominent space between Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz, this memorial (also known as the Holocaust-Mahnmal, or Holocaust Memorial) has almost 3,000 gray oblong pillars (stelae), arranged at varying heights, that form a kind of...
Gesundbrunnen, Berlin, Germany
A former BVG workshop has turned into a cultural center; the little house, where the gatekeeper used to watch the incoming vehicles from, has become a relaxed place for good food. Tip: order muesli for breakfast and then come back in the evening...
Kiehnwerderallee 1-3, 12437 Berlin, Germany
Linienstraße 160, 10115 Berlin, Germany
It might be small and simple—just a smattering of handmade wooden tables topped with flower arrangements; conspicuously bare white walls; and a few barstools—but the updated German cuisine at Lokal is far from basic. With a commitment...
Auguststraße 58, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Oderberger Str. 35, 10435 Berlin, Germany
The baristas here know a trick or two about coffee and Bonanza Coffee Roasters is one of the names that always comes up when discussing Berlin's best coffee. An amazing and hard to find Synesso Cyncra espresso machine is the center of attention in...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village