Collected by Michelle Le
Skalitzer Str. 51, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Named after wilderness activist John Muir, this trendy cocktail bar in Kreuzberg serves classic libations with a twist. The menu regularly changes, and the interior of the basement bar (lit by candles) is cozy and comfortable—great for cool...
Brunnenstraße 197-198, 10119 Berlin, Germany
If you're looking for the epitome of "Hipster Berlin," you can't find anyplace more suitable than Mein Haus am See. In the most hip area of Mitte, Rosenthaler Platz, the cafe is more than just a coffee spot. It's also a bar and club. During the...
Dresdener Str. 124, 10999 Berlin, Germany
Kreuzberg has no shortage of bars or restaurants, but we were seeking wine and wandered into the tasteful and warmly lit Ottorink Weinbar. We visited on the weekend, and business was relatively slow. Our hosts, Maxim and Marcus, attended to our...
Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Popois what kids call their bum. The bar was a hair salon before. Now they have concerts, readings—very, very different stuff. My friend had a performance art show there that was pretty political. This story appeared in the July/August 2010 issue....
Friedelstraße 27, 12047 Berlin, Germany
Jägerstraße 34, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The area around Hausvogteiplatz might be best-known for its embassies and diplomatic residences rather than any kind of bar scene, but it’s worth heading here to try out Berlin’s only punch bar. Lost in Grub Street is an upscale establishment with...
- 1 Winter Sports This Winter Will Be Warmer Than Average in the United States, Experts Say
- 2 Natural Wonders The Brightest Meteor Shower of the Year Is Happening This Week
- 3 Travel News What Travelers Need to Know About the Paris Riots
- 4 Travel News There’s a Huge Sale on the Most Scenic U.S. Train Routes Right Now
- 5 Romance 9 of the World’s Most Romantic Winter Wonderlands