Collected by Amelia Popovic
Maybachufer 1-13, 12047 Berlin, Germany
It’s like a typical southern European market, with shouting and chaos—not very German. Maybachufer between Kottbusser Damm and Friedelstrasse, Tuesdays and Fridays, 11 a.m.–6:30 p.m. This story appeared in the July/August 2010 issue. See all of ...
Benrather Schloßallee 100-108, 40597 Düsseldorf, Germany
Schloß Benrath is a perfect way to enjoy your day. You can take a tour for a few Euros and learn about the Schloß. It feels as if you are stepping back in time. Afterwards, spend some time walking the park behind the Schloß. Visiting here is a...
Kiehnwerderallee 1-3, 12437 Berlin, Germany
Rue au Beurre 46, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
If you could only do one thing in Brussels (and frankly, that would be a tragedy), it would have to be a visit to the Grand Place. Also called the Grote Markt, in Flemish, Grand Place is Brussels’ UNESCO-listed central market square. Standing in...
Place Royale 1, 1000 Bruxelles, Belgium
Sivan Askayo visited Flanders as a guest of Visit Flanders. I was quite happy to discover the Magritte Museum in Brussels, because Magritte is one of my favorite Belgian surrealist artists. The building is part of the Royal Museum of Fine Arts in...
Skalitzer Str. 95A, 10997 Berlin, Germany
The Hühnerhaus 36 in Kreuzberg is a Berlin institution. The chicken stand/kiosk is right outside an entrance to the always crowded and ever-popular Görlitzer Park. For under 5 you can get half a roast chicken...mit pommes (with fries). Get it with...
- 1 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 2 Air Travel American Airlines Now Has Free Live TV on Domestic Flights—but There’s a Catch
- 3 Where to Go in Fall Plan Your Fall Getaway With This Peak Foliage Prediction Map
- 4 Cruise Serenity Now: These Are the Cruise Lines Going Totally Kid-Free
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 10 Secrets to Doing Oktoberfest Like a Local