Collected by Anne Marie Housel
Linienstraße 160, 10115 Berlin, Germany
It might be small and simple—just a smattering of handmade wooden tables topped with flower arrangements; conspicuously bare white walls; and a few barstools—but the updated German cuisine at Lokal is far from basic. With a commitment...
Auguststraße 58, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Bergstraße 22, 10115 Berlin, Germany
The Beaujolais is fabulous here and the french fries supposedly the best in town. The kitchen, led by Tim Raue's former sous chef, uses mostly regional organic produce to create the original delicacies. Hidden in a courtyard and located in a...
Bodestraße 1-3, 10178 Berlin, Germany
One of the biggest stars of the five museums on Museum Island, the Pergamon was the last to open, in 1930. Built to resemble a Babylonian temple, it houses a trove of ancient treasures from the Middle East, with highlights that include the...
Pariser Platz, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Napoleon and his armies marched through it; revolutionaries and Nazis gathered beneath it; the Berlin Wall ran right behind: It's safe to say that Berlin’s iconic Brandenburg Gate, completed in 1791, has pretty much seen it all. Designed by...
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village