Collected by Luciana Petrone
Karl-Marx-Allee, Berlin, Germany
Meet the Ampelmann, the little green guy who graces the street lights in the former East Berlin. After reunification, the spunky green dude was set to vanish, replaced by the more generic EU-standard green/walk sign. But there was an uproar....
Platz der Republik 1, 11011 Berlin, Germany
The old and new architecture of Berlin doesn't blend so much as careen together with a crash. The Reichstag is a perfect example. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But there is nothing gentle about it. Neo-classical buildings sport jagged...
Lindenstraße 9-14, 10969 Berlin, Germany
I was wandering the side streets of Kreuzberg after visiting the Jewish Museum and was suddenly struck how the plastered posters throughout the city created unlikely art created by pops of neon color and rhythmic patterns. I found this scene to...
- 1 Travel News Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Air Travel The Best Time to Buy Airline Tickets
- 3 Natural Wonders A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico