Collected by Susan Mayne
Skalitzer Str. 51, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Named after wilderness activist John Muir, this trendy cocktail bar in Kreuzberg serves classic libations with a twist. The menu regularly changes, and the interior of the basement bar (lit by candles) is cozy and comfortable—great for cool...
Brunnenstraße 197-198, 10119 Berlin, Germany
If you're looking for the epitome of "Hipster Berlin," you can't find anyplace more suitable than Mein Haus am See. In the most hip area of Mitte, Rosenthaler Platz, the cafe is more than just a coffee spot. It's also a bar and club. During the...
Dresdener Str. 124, 10999 Berlin, Germany
Kreuzberg has no shortage of bars or restaurants, but we were seeking wine and wandered into the tasteful and warmly lit Ottorink Weinbar. We visited on the weekend, and business was relatively slow. Our hosts, Maxim and Marcus, attended to our...
Hobrechtstraße 61, 12047 Berlin, Germany
This bar has a living-room atmosphere: couches, sofas, easy chairs, wallpaper. It's got beer from the Czech Republic, a bit like a Bavarian beer. See all of Philippe Werhahn’s favorite places in the Neukölln neighborhood of...
Friedelstraße 27, 12047 Berlin, Germany
- 1 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 2 Travel News This Bistro Was Just Voted the Best New Restaurant in the United States
- 3 Travel News Tour Guides Will Soon Be Restricted at Two Popular NYC Sites
- 4 Travel Tips Temples, Tipping, and Train Rides: A Guide to Japan for First-Timers
- 5 Where to Go in Summer 10 Best Places to Travel in May