Collected by Courtney Steiner
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Occupying a prominent space between Brandenburg Gate and Potsdamer Platz, this memorial (also known as the Holocaust-Mahnmal, or Holocaust Memorial) has almost 3,000 gray oblong pillars (stelae), arranged at varying heights, that form a kind of...
Alte Schönhauser Str. 2, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Don't let the fact that this is a hostel discourage you from staying here. The Wombat hostel was in a great location and a good 3 mile walking distance from the Berlin Wall with several happy hour stops on the way. The hostel is geared towards a...
Maybachufer 14, 12047 Berlin, Germany
Café Jacques is a tad expensive, but it serves very nice French food. Most of the time I go for wine and some snacks. The owner is lovely; he’s a hilarious guy. He’s been here for several years—surprising, since not long ago there were very few...
- 1 Expat Life 11 Best Islands to Move to After Retiring
- 2 Air Travel Another U.S. Airport Now Allows Non-Ticketed Visitors Through Security
- 3 Travel News Why You Should Go to New York City This Winter
- 4 Holiday Travel 15 Go-to Pieces of Travel Gear to Gift This Holiday Season
- 5 Where to Go in Winter 12 Great Beaches for Winter Sun