Collected by AFAR Traveler
Pariser Platz, 10117 Berlin, Germany
Near the Berlin Gate is a wonderful place to just sit and relax. The area is full of street performers and coffee shops. Also, just beyond the gate lies the unforgettable Reichstag. Definitely not a part of the city to overlook.
Cora-Berliner-Straße 1, 10117 Berlin, Germany
The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe also known as the Holocaust Memorial consists of a 19,000 squares meters (almost 6,000 squares feet) covered with 2,771 concrete slabs arranged in a grid pattern on a sloping field.
Platz der Republik 1, 11011 Berlin, Germany
The old and new architecture of Berlin doesn't blend so much as careen together with a crash. The Reichstag is a perfect example. Don't get me wrong, I love it. But there is nothing gentle about it. Neo-classical buildings sport jagged...
Hauptbahnhof, Europaplatz 1, 10557 Berlin, Germany
Train travel in Europe has always had a romantic appeal. It could be that unlike freeways, railways are built along the most beautiful and scenic countryside, and there’s nothing better than watching the breathtaking landscapes outside your window...
- 1 History + Culture Airbnb Wants to Pay for You to Live in This Italian Village for a Whole Summer
- 2 Travel News A Rare Super Blood Wolf Moon Will Be Visible Over America This Weekend
- 3 Where to Go Next Where to Travel in 2019 According to Your Astrological Sign
- 4 Packing Tips How to Pack a Suitcase
- 5 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico