Collected by Cameron Waterhouse
Mitte, Berlin, Germany
Berlin is one of those cities that truly has it all—street art, cultural attractions, historic museums, and a fascinating urban bike scene. As I found out during my trip to Berlin last summer, the city also has its very own beach. Badeschiff an...
Maybachufer 1-13, 12047 Berlin, Germany
It’s like a typical southern European market, with shouting and chaos—not very German. Maybachufer between Kottbusser Damm and Friedelstrasse, Tuesdays and Fridays, 11 a.m.–6:30 p.m. This story appeared in the July/August 2010 issue. See all of ...
Friedrichshain-Kreuzberg, 10243 Berlin, Germany
"Diversity" is a good word to describe Berlin. And there's no better place to get a dose of diversity than along the River Spree in Berlin. If you simply walk around the river banks near the Oberbaum Bridge connecting Friedrichshain and Kreuzberg,...
Teufelsberg, 14055 Berlin, Germany
Deep in Berlin's Grunewald Forest, Teufelsberg (literally, Devil’s Mountain; the name comes from the nearby Teufelssee, or Devil’s Lake) was once the site of a Nazi technology college. After the war, it was decided that the school...
- 1 Where to Go in Fall Made for Walking: Stylish Travel Shoes That Are Actually Comfortable
- 2 Food + Drink The Untapped Region Where Italy’s Oldest Culinary Traditions Live On
- 3 Air Travel These North American Airports Rank Best (and Worst) in Passenger Satisfaction
- 4 Air Travel Finally, the TSA PreCheck Line Could Really Be Just for PreCheck Members
- 5 Where to Go in Fall 11 Fall Foliage Train Rides to Book Right Now