Collected by Rudy Sombillo
Skalitzer Str. 51, 10997 Berlin, Germany
Named after wilderness activist John Muir, this trendy cocktail bar in Kreuzberg serves classic libations with a twist. The menu regularly changes, and the interior of the basement bar (lit by candles) is cozy and comfortable—great for cool...
Brunnenstraße 197-198, 10119 Berlin, Germany
If you're looking for the epitome of "Hipster Berlin," you can't find anyplace more suitable than Mein Haus am See. In the most hip area of Mitte, Rosenthaler Platz, the cafe is more than just a coffee spot. It's also a bar and club. During the...
Dresdener Str. 124, 10999 Berlin, Germany
Kreuzberg has no shortage of bars or restaurants, but we were seeking wine and wandered into the tasteful and warmly lit Ottorink Weinbar. We visited on the weekend, and business was relatively slow. Our hosts, Maxim and Marcus, attended to our...
Hobrechtstraße 61, 12047 Berlin, Germany
Neukölln, Berlin, Germany
Popois what kids call their bum. The bar was a hair salon before. Now they have concerts, readings—very, very different stuff. My friend had a performance art show there that was pretty political. This story appeared in the July/August 2010 issue....
Friedelstraße 27, 12047 Berlin, Germany
- 1Where to Go in SummerThe Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Summer
- 2Air TravelDelta Just Made Its Economy Seats Bigger
- 3Travel NewsAmsterdam’s Tiny Bridge Houses Are Now One-of-a-Kind Hotel Suites
- 4Travel NewsThe Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Travelers
- 5Travel NewsYou Could Be Denied a Passport if You Have Unpaid Taxes