Collected by Shealagh Whittle
Lindenstraße 9-14, 10969 Berlin, Germany
The architecturally striking Jewish Museum is the best place in Berlin to get an overview of German-Jewish relations and to understand the nature of the integration of the two cultures before the Holocaust's horrors. Designed by Daniel...
Bernauer Str. 111, 13355 Berlin, Germany
Am Lustgarten, 10178 Berlin, Germany
This immense—some might say immodest—neo-baroque cathedral opposite the former Royal Palace nods architecturally to St. Peter’s in Rome and served as the family church of the Hohenzollern dynasty up until 1918. The current...
Oranienburger Str. 67-68, 10117 Berlin, Germany
C/O curates some of work from some of the world's top photographers housed in the former Royal Post Office building in Berlin Mitte. The peeling paint and crumbling walls add to the allure of the space. *** UPDATE- the museum is currently moving...
Linienstraße 160, 10115 Berlin, Germany
It might be small and simple—just a smattering of handmade wooden tables topped with flower arrangements; conspicuously bare white walls; and a few barstools—but the updated German cuisine at Lokal is far from basic. With a commitment...
Reinhardtstraße 20, 10117 Berlin, Germany
If I could recommend only one thing from my time in Berlin, this would be it! It is probably the most amazing art exhibit I have ever seen. Christian Boros and his wife bought this WWII bunker to display their private collection of contemporary...
Auguststraße 58, 10119 Berlin, Germany
Platz der Republik 1, 11011 Berlin, Germany
- 1 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 2 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 3 Travel News Here’s Why It Seems Like Everyone Is Going to Portugal Right Now
- 4 News and Openings 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 5 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys