Collected by Maria Paz de Castro
55 Pittsfield Rd, Lenox, MA 01240, USA
For a sweet reprieve, a stop at Chocolate Springs is a must. Owner and chocolatier Joshua Needleman is Culinary Institute of America–trained and put in his time at places like La Maison du Chocolat in Manhattan and Paris before opening up his own...
5 West Stockbridge Road, Stockbridge, MA 01262, USA
The Berkshire Botanical Gardens is one of the oldest gardens in the US; they are open to the public from May to mid-October. Structurally, the 15 acre garden is laid out with different collections allowing for leisurely strolling along the paths....
37 Church St, Lenox, MA 01240, USA
Chef Bjorn Somlo has been nominated for James Beard Awards multiple times so he’s not exactly under the radar, but many are still surprised to find a restaurant of this caliber in the Berkshires. The small, modern restaurant is situated directly...
2 Main St, West Stockbridge, MA 01266, USA
When National Geographic photographer John Stanmeyer opened the Shaker Dam Coffeehouse & Stanmeyer Gallery in a nineteenth-century house in West Stockbridge in 2013, it instantly became a local favorite. The social justice–driven cafe serves...
11 Gifford St, Pittsfield, MA 01201, USA
Wandering Star Brewery is pretty much the definition of "off the beaten path." Located in a garage in Pittsfield, this 10-beer craft brewery was started by three friends who met through the New York City craft brew scene. They opened up shop in...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Where to Go in Winter 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter
- 5 Air Travel Travelers’ Biggest Pet Peeves Ranked