Collected by Roma Wallace
1836 Fourth St, Berkeley, CA 94710, USA
Berkeley's 4th Street shopping area offers 3 blocks of unique shops and restaurants. Some of my favorite spots are The Gardener for gardening accesories and housewares, Nest for beautiful gift items and linens, and Bette's Oceanview Diner for...
1603 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94702, USA
Using Sightglass coffee, Bartavelle serves the BEST latté in Berkeley! Opened in late 2012 this unassuming café already has a local following. Small place with stand-up only zinc counters inside plus outdoor seating. The small plate menu uses...
2109 Cedar St, Berkeley, CA 94709, USA
This has become my go-to plan for friends visiting the area. It includes fine French takeout dining from Gregoire's on Cedar and Shattuck, and a one mile walk up to the best local sunset view you'll ever find (smack dab in the middle of a Berkeley...
Centennial Dr, California, USA
The view of San Francisco from high above the Berkeley hills on Centennial drive at the Lawrence Hall of Science is work the drive or bike, UP. This is a public science center that offers many cool, hands-on learning opportunities for kids and...
Jewel Lake, California 94708, USA
There are miles upon miles of trails and hikes to choose from in Tilden Park, high up in the Berkeley Hills and I always love to start and finish many of the classic afternoons here by swinging through the Redwood groves that are on the western...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter