Collected by Kelsey Saia
The world’s second-largest barrier reef stretches 185 miles along the Belizean coast, from the northern tip of Ambergris Caye (a 20-minute plane ride from Belize City) to Sapodilla Cayes in the south. Throughout these diverse waters, divers and...
Sport fishing fanatics flock to Belize, one of few places where you can fish a Grand Slam—bonefish, permit and tarpon—all in the same day. (Big-game fish like marlin, sailfish and kingfish are prevalent in deeper waters.) But that’s not all. With...
Lagarto Bank Rd, Belize
The sign along the dirt road entrance on the way to Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary is clear: Beware of Jaguars Crossing. Spreading for 155 square miles, the only jaguar preserve in the world is also one of Belize's most gorgeous hiking...
Belize provides refuge for a fluctuating number of dazzling bird species—over 600 from one season to another. Keel-billed toucans, harpy eagles, blue-crowned motmots, and endangered scarlet macaws are just a few of the most sought-after sightings...
- 1 Weekend Getaways This Coastal California Getaway Is the Big Sur You Haven’t Heard of . . . Yet
- 2 Air Travel Want a Free Volunteer Vacation? JetBlue Has Your Ticket
- 3 Travel News 10 Reasons to Go to London This Fall
- 4 Travel News Greece Bans Anyone Over 220 Pounds From Riding Santorini’s Donkeys
- 5 Travel News New Zealand’s Most Beautiful Train Ride Is Reopening in December