Collected by AFAR Explorer
San Pedro, Belize
My girlfriend and I were wandering along the beach and saw this pier beckoning us to stop and stay awhile. We did and had a magically glorious sunbathing experience, including swimming with barracuda under the dock, a diving contest and swimsuit...
San Ignacio, Belize
Learn authentic and traditional cooking from Maya women on site in hotel's own traditional maya kitchen. We learned to cook tamalitos, corn tortillas, and caldo. What a (tasty) treat!
Barrier Reef Dr San Pedro, Belize, San Pedro, Belize
The Phoenix, a little slice of paradise on the edge of San Pedro, features more modern architecture than most buildings in town, as well as modern amenities. Rooms are one-bedroom, two-bedroom, and three-bedroom condominium suites that feature...
Western Hwy, Belize
Ka'ana is described as a “boutique resort,” and it appeals to guests who want a sense of being in the Belizean rain forest while also enjoying the comforts and amenities of a full-service resort. Rooms and villas here seem to blend...
- 1 Hiking + Cycling 6 Dream Hikes in the United States (and How to Score the Permits)
- 2 Travel for Good Here’s What You Need to Know About Getting Tickets to See “Hamilton” in Puerto Rico
- 3 Natural Wonders The Best Hot Springs in the United States
- 4 Gear The Best Luggage for 2019
- 5 Travel News Japan Implements New “Sayonara” Tax on Travelers