Collected by AFAR Traveler
1000 Brussels, Belgium
If you were in Brussels last weekend, you were lucky because the city had laid down the flower carpet in the main square. This is done every five years and I decided to head up the road to have a look since it had been some time since the last...
Sint-Katelijneplein, 1000 Brussel, Belgium
The most interesting part of Brussels' Christmas Market is in St Catherine's Square, where there are not only food and drink stalls, as well as those to buy gifts, but also a chance to go ice skating and ride a very big Ferris wheel. The square is...
Chaussée de Bruxelles 221, 1190 Forest, Belgium
Located in the St Gilles section of Brussels is a stadium that opened back in 1919 and is now known as Marien Stadium. The "stade" was also used during the 1920 Olympics, which were mostly held in the northern Belgian city of Antwerpen. This art...
- 1History + CultureThe Tea Capital of Europe Isn’t Where You Think It Is
- 2Tech6 Awesome Hiking Apps for Adventurous Travelers
- 3Gear8 New Books You Need to Read Before Flying to France
- 4History + CultureIntimate Portraits of Women Who Live as Men in Remote Albania
- 5MusicBeyond the French Quarter: Discovering New Orleans’s Downriver Delights