Collected by Katie Stevens
Place Saint-Josse 9, 1210 Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Belgium
The authentic Italian restaurant La Mamma is in my neighbourhood, although it took a while for me to notice it. In fact, I walked by its vine-covered facade for two years before I ever set foot in the restaurant. It wasn’t until I noticed it in a...
Alsembergsesteenweg 108, 1060 Sint-Gillis, Belgium
I’ve had so many great dining experiences in Belgium, it’s hard to choose a favourite. I can say, without reservation, La Buvette is in my top five. La Buvette is warm and classy without feeling overly stuffy or formal. The concept is simple – one...
Place Sainte-Catherine 5/7, 1000 Brussel, Belgium
There are a few great options for dining on Place St. Catherine, in Brussels. However, when people ask me where to go for great seafood in Brussels, Jaloa, and their more casual Jaloa Brasserie, are first on the list. Jaloa itself is elegant fine...
Gangstraat 5, 1050 Elsene, Belgium
When people ask for my top restaurant in Brussels, I have to think twice, not because of indecision, but because I'm reluctant to share. If I like the person a lot, I tell them my secret - Le Coin des Artistes. Just about all of my favourite...
Avenue Louise 493, 1050 Bruxelles, Belgium
With its retro-chic interior and free Wi-Fi, Cafe de la Press is a favourite with the hipster crowd in Brussels. You’ll find an equal mix of lunching expats, location independent travellers, trendy young Belgians and a whole lot of iMacs. On a...
- 1 Travel News This Tiny Country Is Europe’s Fastest Growing Destination
- 2 Exceptional Travel Experiences Thailand Wants to Pay You to Travel the Country Like a Local
- 3 Where to Go in Winter The Sweetest Small Towns in the U.S. to Visit This Winter
- 4 Air Travel AFAR Readers Reveal Their Favorite U.S. Airports
- 5 History + Culture 7 UNESCO World Heritage Sites You Need to Visit This Winter