Collected by Sara Melvin
4 Jingshan Front St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100006
Beijing's number one tourist attraction is a massive former imperial palace known as the Forbidden City. Between 1416 and 1911, it was home to 24 Ming and Qing dynasty emperors and their families and staff. In 1912, after the abdication of...
The Great Wall of China runs more than 21,000 kilometers (over 13,000 miles), not as one continuous wall but rather as fortified wall sections. Some of the sections date back more than 2,500 years, though only 8.2 percent of the existing wall is...
7 Jianguomen S St, Dongcheng Qu, Beijing Shi, China, 100005
On my first day during my trip Beijing, I witnessed an insanely high number of weddings. Brides and grooms were being escorted into their "Just Married" convertibles and limos by their families and wedding parties. I learned very quickly that...
Olympic Village, Chaoyang, Beijing, China
Anyone who visits Beijing must walk through the Olympic village area. The architecture is unbelievable, and there are colourful and unique sculptures constructed by local artists in the surrounding gardens. They even constructed an entire subway...
- 1 Travel News There Are Two Meteor Showers This Month. Here’s How to Watch Them.
- 2 Travel News The World’s Fastest Growing Tourist Destinations Aren’t Where You Think
- 3 Air Travel New Aviation Bill Could Mean Even Smaller Airplane Seats
- 4 Holiday Travel Required Reading: 29 New Books for Every Type of Traveler
- 5 Travel News Spain Just Named This Small Town Its Most Beautiful Village